Degree Diploma Authentication Guidance for China Work Permit

10th May 2018 Updated - According to the government newest regulation, when you apply your China Foreigner's Work Permit (FWP). If your university degree diploma is not issued in China, then an extra authenticated copy of your diploma is necessary - It means your degree diploma has to be Legalized by any one of following authority:

  • A: Chinese Consulate or Embassy in your country
  • B: Your diploma issued country's Embassy or Consulate in China
  • C: China Ministry of Education (MOE, Website:

Tips: Based on our experience, a True-Copy certify of your original diploma and then legalized by any one of above authority also works, so please check first to see if a true-copy certify service is available or not, because it’s much easier than authentication service.

Procedure of Diploma Authentication

First of all, if you are already inside of China, please check with your diploma issued country's Consulate here in shanghai (above Way B) to see if they can help you to do your diploma authentication or legalization or not. (As our experience, a lot of Consulates here in Shanghai can provide this kind service, but even they don't, they still can share some useful information with you).

If way B is not available, you can think about way C, please check the China MOE website for more details about it (The website is in Chinese, so it's better you have a Chinese friend who can help you with that, it takes about 2-3 weeks to get it done and cost about 300RMB):

If you are outside of China or above way B & way C is not available, then you can choose way A, Following are the procedures in details:

  • Sept 1: Send your diploma to your country's international notary public for notarization (a True-Copy notarization is enough, but any kind of "affidavit" or "make a vow/swear/oath" can not be accepted).
    Tips: Most of the local international notary public provide below 2-steps as well.
  • Step 2: Send the diploma, notarized by notaries, to the Legalization office of the Foreign Affairs Department in your country for legalizations.
  • Step 3: After completing the initial stage of notarization and legalization, submit the diploma to the Chinese embassy or consulates in your country for legalization.

Following are some CORRECT and WRONG samples of the diploma authentication:



So if you have any problem with your China Visa or any problem related to your China visas: PLEASE CONTACT

logoMeshing Consultancy Services Co., Ltd.
Address: Room 410, KYMS building C2, No.101 E Shan road, Pudong, Shanghai China. [ -MAP- ]
Operation Time: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm (12:30am-1:30pm lunch) Public Holidy Check here
Tel1: 021-51699039 (You can inquire in English, Japanese or Chinese)
Tel2: 021-63075776
Emergency: 13501828752